How is barley juice powder processed?
· Barley grass is organically grown without using any chemical pesticides, herbicides or fertilizers. The plants are harvested when the leaves contain the widest spectrum of nutrients, and low temperature processing is used to convert the barley grass into concentrate juice powder.
How do you take barley grass?
· It’s best to sip it slowly on an empty stomach, either 20 minutes before a meal or 2 hours after, so that the nutrients can be assimilated easily without the presence of other foods. Take either cold or room temperature liquid, as hot liquid will break down the live enzymes.
Is there anyone who should not use Barley?
· Barley is a whole-food concentrate, so most people should be able to take it. Those with severe medical problems or complications should consult a health care practitioner. Those on a restricted diet (especially in regard to “green foods”) should also consult a health care practitioner.
I started taking Barley, and I feel worse. Why?
· Make a change in your diet, your body often goes through a cleansing known as detoxification. This can manifest itself in fatigue, rashes, headaches, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, insomnia or constipation depending on the state of your health or your diet. It is your body flushing out toxins and will soon pass.
Barley grass have a detoxifying effect. People with large amounts of toxins in their systems may experience a “cleansing reaction,”such as mild headaches or increased elimination. That’s why it’s best to begin slowly when taking barley grass.
What about detoxification?
· Many symptoms can be related to detoxification. If so, they will slowly disappear. To speed up the detoxification process, drink plenty of purified water. If some cases it may be wise to reduce the amount of Santé Pure Barley taken while the body gets use to it and toxins are dealt with.
How’s the taste?
· Very good in comparison to other green juices. Being a natural product there can be wide ranges in taste. When you prepare to eat a watermelon, a carrot, tomato or other produce the question always posed is, “What will it taste like?”.
Santé Barley may vary in taste from time to time. If you are new to barley juice we suggest starting out with small amounts to let your body get use to it. Many people like the taste but others with more sensitive taste buds like it mixed with a fruit juice.
However if you don’t want to know what it tastes like, Santé Barley is also available in veggie capsules providing the same wonderful results without the approval of your taste buds.
Why should we consume barley grass on an empty stomach?
· To enable the nutrients to be assimilated easily without the presence of other foods.
Will I have an allergic reaction to barley grass?
· No. The powdered juice is taken from the leaves of barley grass not mature grain; it is the gluten content in barley grain which causes allergies. None of the ingredients in Santé young organic barley grass contain gluten.
Is there anyone who should not use barley grass?
· Barley grass is a natural wholefood concentrate and is safe for consumption for most people. People with severe medical problems or complications should consult a health practitioner before taking it.
Can I take barley grass while taking medication?
· As long as your health practitioner has not forbidden you to eat salads or green vegetables, you can consume barley grass.
If I take barley grass, should I also take other supplements?
· There is no need for you to take other supplement because barley grass provides the wide range of essential nutrients and is so finely balanced.
How to consume barley grass?
· It is advisable to consume 1teaspoon (3g) twice a day 30 minutes before a meal as barley grass works best on an empty stomach. For those who are ill it is advisable to increase the amount to 1 teaspoon 3 times a day and for people with quite severe illness this can be increased the serving size depending on your needs and state of health. Take either cold or room temperature water and consume it immediately or it will lose its nutrients due to oxidization.
Why do we need to use room temperature or cool water?
· Because the barley grass has ‘live’ enzymes and other nutrients that will be destroyed by using hot, warm or iced water.
Where should I store barley grass?
· Barley grass should be kept away from moisture and sunlight, in its own jar with the lid fastened securely. Do not store barley grass in the refrigerator where condensation could cause nutrients to oxidize and breakdown.
Is Santé Pure Barley recommended for the Hallelujah Diet?
· Absolutely! Santé Pure Barley users will see even better results. Simply use the same amount of Santé Pure Barley and you will soon feel the difference!
Can Santé Pure Barley be mixed in a hot beverage?
· Because heat and acidity can affect enzymatic activity, it is recommended that Santé Pure Barley not be taken in any of the following: cranberry or prune juice, carbonated drinks, or hot drinks.
Can diabetics take Santé Pure Barley?
· Santé Pure Barley is a whole food supplement, very similar to juiced green vegetables. There are no known adverse effects associated with Santé Pure Barley and blood sugar levels. If you consume green vegetables and complex carbohydrates such as pasta with no adverse effects, then you should be able to take Santé Pure Barley. If you have concerns, we encourage you to consult your health practitioner. There have been numerous reports from hypoglycemics and diabetics who have experienced favorable results shortly after starting to take a Santé Pure Barley Grass Juice supplement.
Can folks with kidney disorders or renal failure take Santé Pure Barley?
· People with kidney disorders,kidney disease, or renal failure may want to consult their health practitioner about consuming potassium-dense foods like Santé Pure Barley. According to nutritional analysis, there are 214 mg of potassium in one tablespoon (5-gram serving) of Santé Pure Barley. Some people with kidney disease have to be careful about their potassium consumption because their kidneys may not be able to efficiently process high amounts of potassium, which may compound their problem. This implication is rare but should be discussed with your health practitioner if the condition exists.
Can folks with grass allergies take Santé Pure Barley?
· On rare occasions, people with grass allergies may experience a reaction to Sante Pure Barley. If you are concerned about having a reaction or if you have had a reaction in the past, you may wish to consult your health practitioner before using Santé Pure Barley.
Why Santé Barley Juice?
· Fresh barley juice contains one of the broadest spectrums of nutrients of green plants (well over 165 naturally occurring nutrients!). Barley juice contains ‘naturally occurring’ vitamins,minerals, enzymes, protein, chlorophyll, antioxidants and numerous other phytochemicals (the stuff found in plants). In whole-food form all the nutrients work together synergistically yielding results that simply cannot occur in the body from isolated vitamin/mineral supplements. There is absolutely no replacement for naturally occurring whole foods. Scientists have found this when studying phytochemicals. Scientists have learned that phytochemicals increase our resistance to disease and boost immunity. But scientists don’t know why phytochemicals seem to lose their disease-fighting powers when they are isolated from the plant. Bottom line is God didn’t provide us with flavonoid plants, superoxide dismutase plants, vitamin A plants etc. He provided us with plants loaded with all the nutrients needed to satisfy our mouths with good things so that our youth would be renewed like the eagles! Barley juice is God’s provision for better health, more energy, greater endurance! Numerous scientific studies support barley juice health benefits and thousands of anecdotal reports (personal experiences) confirm their findings.
Santé Pure Barley contains 5 times more beta carotene, almost 3 times more calcium, 4 times more chlorophyll, more enzymes, more amino acids (over twice the protein), more antioxidants (SOD, superoxide dismutase, is as much as 400% times greater!). Peroxidase, an enzyme used as a marker of freshness is 11 times greater. Lutonarin, a powerful antioxidant, is 28.9 times greater. These are all sample measurements and since Santé Barley comes from freshly-cut barley leaves actual amounts can vary. Most folks notice a difference in how they feel within a day to as much as a couple weeks of using Santé Barley.
Santé Pure Barley makes me feel so energetic. Does it contain any caffeine?
· No, Santé Pure Barley is made from barley juice extract and contains no caffeine. Numerous customers have given us testimonies of increased energy. Santé Pure Barley is very nutritious and provides your body with raw materials that can be converted into energy naturally – unlike caffeine which simply gives one a temporary energy lift.
Can I use Santé Pure Barley as a meal replacement?
· Even though Santé Pure Barley is abundant in nutrients, it is not intended to be a meal replacement. It should be considered a supplement and as part of the overall diet.
Can I overdose on Santé Pure Barley ?
· No, Santé Pure Barley is a whole food derived from freshly squeezed barley grass.You can’t overdose on Santé Pure Barley. It is equivalent to eating more fresh green vegetables.
Is Santé Pure Barley good for losing weight?
· Yes. SantéPure Barley has only 20 calories per serving and has an abundance of nutrients. If you are in a weight loss program, your body will benefit by taking Santé Pure Barley. It provides vitamins, minerals, amino acids,enzymes, and proteins, minus fat and with practically no calories.
Is there a difference between Santé Barley Pure capsules and Santé Pure Barley juice powder?
· Both are identical except that because the powder form is instantly soluble, it will be assimilated more rapidly than the capsules and some digestion of the soluble powder may occur in the mouth and esophagus as well.
How long does Santé Pure Barley retain its value?
· Santé Pure Barley, like all our products, has a shelf life of 3 years.
Why is Santé Pure Barley so green?
· The “green” is from chlorophyll. Barley grass has one of the highest,natural, rich chlorophyll contents of all the green vegetables. In fact, Barley Grass has 66 times more chlorophyll than spinach.
How many calories in Santé Pure Barley ?
· Santé Pure Barley has 20 calories per serving.
Can I use Santé Pure Barley as a prenatal supplement?
· Yes, Santé Pure Barley provides such a rich balance of all the nutrients that it is equivalent to a whole salad of dark green vegetables. Forty-five percent of its weight is in polypeptide (lightweight) proteins. It is excellent for you and your unborn baby.
Will Santé Pure Barley upset my stomach?
· No, Santé Pure Barley is mildly alkaline, which pH balances the acidic stomach juices. This can aid in settling the stomach.
What does the chlorophyll do?
· The chlorophyll in Santé Pure Barley is a natural detoxifier and rids the intestines of stored toxins. Because it is a natural detoxifier, it also aids in reducing bad breath.
Is there a difference in the chlorophyll you buy as a supplement versus chlorophyll you obtain from natural sources like Santé Pure Barley ?
· Yes. It is impossible to isolate naturally occurring chlorophyll. Therefore, those supplements containing chlorophyll are not in the same form as one finds in live plants. Santé Pure Barley is an excellent way to obtain chlorophyll in its natural state.
Can I use Santé Pure Barley for fasting?
· Yes, SantéPure Barley is the perfect “food” for fasting. The protein content and complex carbohydrates provide stamina and energy for the body’s systems.
Can I make up a large amount of Santé Pure Barley and keep it in the refrigerator?
· No, live nutrients are released when Santé Pure Barley is mixed with the proper liquids and should be taken no more than 20 minutes or so after preparation. When live nutrients are no longer protected by fiber, they will begin to oxidize and “die.” Santé Pure Barley should be taken immediately after preparation in order to receive the maximum amount of nutritional benefit.
Will taking Santé Pure Barley after or with meals hinder its effectiveness?
· You can drink Santé Pure Barley anytime, but we suggest you take it alone so that your body can assimilate the full benefits of its properties quickly and easily without other foods being present to slow this process.
Will Santé Pure Barley cause diarrhea or constipation?
· Santé Pure Barley will help rebuild healthy intestinal flora and therefore may have a positive effect on regularity and gas. Santé Pure Barley has traditionally been used to promote regularity and does not cause constipation.
Does Santé Pure Barley contain digestive enzymes?
· Yes, Santé Pure Barley contains many enzymes including digestive enzymes such asamylase.
ORAC, FREE RADICALS & ANTIOXIDANTS WHAT’S the BIG DEAL?
· Background – For over 20 years, scientists have demonstrated a probable link between various chronic diseases,such as cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, rheumatoid arthritis, cardiovascular disease, cataracts, age-related macular degeneration and the actual aging process itself – to free radical damage. Antioxidants, on the other hand, are chemical compounds that have been shown to prevent, stop, or reduce oxidative damage.
What is an antioxidant?
· An antioxidant is any substance that reduces oxidative damage (damage due to oxygen) such as that caused by free radicals. There are hundreds of different antioxidant compounds that include various vitamins, minerals, amino acids, enzymes and phytochemical antioxidants. Since scientists don’t know every antioxidant in a plant, a test was developed that indicates the total antioxidant potential.
ORAC, what is that?
· ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) is a standardized test adopted by the U.S. Department of Agriculture to measure the Total Antioxidant Potency of foods and nutritional supplements.It provides a very precise way of establishing the Free Radical destroying or neutralizing power of a particular food supplement or compound. Whole foods that score high in an antioxidant assay called ORAC are recognized to protect cells and their components from damage by oxygen radicals. The ORAC standard is necessary because thousands of antioxidants exist in foods making it impossible to measure each individual antioxidant. TOTAL ORAC FN provides an excellent method of determining the overall antioxidant potency of foods.
Numerous government and private agencies are now recommending 5-9 servings of vegetables and fruit per day. Why? Scientists have learned that phytochemicals, including antioxidants, increase our resistance to disease and boost immunity.But scientists don’t know why phytochemicals seem to lose their disease-fighting powers when they are isolated from the plant (as with antioxidant supplements). Bottom line is God didn’t provide us with betacarotene plants, superoxide dismutase plants, vitamin E plants etc. He provided us with plants containing thousands of nutrients that work synergistically in our bodies providing optimum health. The most effective way of getting these powerful antioxidants into the body is from whole plant food sources.
What antioxidants are known to be in Santé Barley?
· Santé Barley contains numerous substances known to be antioxidants, too many to list here. Some of the largest contributors would be beta-carotene, chlorophyll, superoxide dismutase (SOD)*,catalase, Lutonarin (7-O-GIO), Saponarin (7-O-GIV), Polyphenol oxidase, vitamin E, Phosphorus, and Zinc.
Note: These are not ingredients added to Santé Barley but they are naturally occurring nutrients found in Santé Barley.
ORAC Why is Santé Barley so High in Antioxidants?
· Santé Barley State-of-the-Art Technology yielding the best barley juice powder ever. God made the barley leaf densely nutritious, full of antioxidants. Something man has no idea how to do – God is awesome! Harvesting at the right stage of growth and optimum weather conditions provides the highest antioxidant and overall nutrition content